Our team comes across hundreds of weird and wonderful reads in our daily research. Below are the handful that stood out for us last month.
Not everything below is technically about investing—but everything relates back to investing or decision-making in some way.
- Is inflation targeting the wrong war for central banks?
- China’s impact on the rest of the world (infographic)
- The Prince of Counter Terrorism
- The CFA on investor psychology and our weakness for stories
- The Box that Build the Modern World: how shipping containers made distance irrelevant
- How China’s one-child policy shaped millions of lives
- Old (and wonderful) BBC interview with Richard Feynman on the Pleasure of Finding Things Out
- Investor Tom Russo talks about why management teams need the “ability to suffer” in order to invest in projects that pay off in the long-run. His speech begins at 3:30.
- Michael Lombardi on the four aspects of leadership, coaching and decision-making in the NFL
“I have no doubt in China’s ability to deliver the number they feel is appropriate”
HSBC economist Frederic Neumann